Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cara is AWESOME!!!

I had a really fun time last night. A group of girls got together to watch Fireproof. It was a rather cheesy movie with poor acting, yet still I loved the story of it.
I sat next to Cara and we had a great time making fun of the movie and enjoying it and even crying a little. She is a really great lady!!

My trip to Arizona was emotional and lovely and relaxing and stressful. Peggy had a chest scan while I was there and they found s0mething on her lung, so they delayed her first chemo appt. I was really disappointed to miss that, but happy to find out that what they found was just calcium spots. I wonder what they are from and how they got in there? She did really well with her first round of chemo, but is in a lot of pain and really exhausted now. She is taking really great care of herself and thankfully she is very strong!! Now if Ron's blood pressure would go down.....

While I was in Arizona, I got to spend some time with my nephews, sister-in-law, and my brother. Tommy and I went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast on Saturday and had the worst waitress known to man....
Tom had ordered chicken fried chicken and easy scrambled eggs. He got chicken fried steak and hard scrambled eggs. When waitress of the year stopped by to see how things were going.....
Tom: I'm pretty sure my chicken fried chicken is chicken fried steak.
WOTY: I did write that down wrong. I'm really sorry. Do you want chicken fried chicken??
Tom: No, thats ok. (He was too nice to mention the eggs)
WOTY: Gee, I hope you aren't a vegetarian.
Tom and Tammy: Stifling laughter. WOW!!
So I learned that day that chicken is a vegetable. Who knew???

After running all over Phoenix all day looking for Pittsburg Steelers Tshirts for the boys, we went to Red Robin for dinner and to see the movie Mall Cop. We had a lot of fun and had a nice visit. Sunday I got up at 5am to get home and work all week.

Thank you Tommy for all the driving around you did to get me from the airport to Peggy's and picking me up from Peggy's and bringing me back to the airport. You are great!!!

3 comments:

Cara said...

You are the best! Because of the title - my kids now I'm FAMOUS because my name was on the internet! I am going to not burst that bubble for a while and just let it ride. I think they will respect me just a bit more today (LOL!)

P.S. I dreamt about Kirk crying last night - long and strange story :)

Kelly said...

Thank you everyone for coming over. I had to log on today just to see if Tammy would immediately post :) You guys are funny!

memoriesbybrandi@yahoo.com said...

wow. dreaming about Kirk... hmmmm can't say that I can get over the stumps for legs. damn. Thank you Kel for having us over. It was fun. We must do again soon. Tam - Love the post title.
Also, what a perfect daughter in law you are going and caring for Peggy, that was awesome and you are a GREAT nurse. I know from experience. I hope she does well.