Saturday, January 3, 2009

It's the End of the Year as We Know It....(Giant Meme)

2008
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Attended a birth. I hope to do this again someday.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any this year. I didn't eat french fries at all in 2007, so I took a year off.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister-in-law, Jamie and my "bonus" daughter.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thankfully!
5. What countries did you visit?
Only this great country. I went to New York City, Washington D. C., Colorado, California, and Illinois.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Better skill with money
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
September 11th. I had the honor of visiting all of the crash sites from 2001 in June. It was really much more meaningful this year on the anniversary after having been to all of them.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I got an awesome job in public health that I really enjoy doing and I really do like everyone I work with.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Organization!!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I sprained my ankle when I fell down at the doctor's office. I was late to get middlest and I knew she would be upset. I ended up in the ER and Middlest ended up with a cell phone.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I buy soooo many wonderful things, it is hard to pick 1
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
All 3 kids do very well in school. We are very proud.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Rex's.
14. Where did most of your money go? Fun times with the kids
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Being in the delivery room and NOT in the stirrups.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Anything by Nickelback
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
 a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?
Happier, fatter, poorer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
 Exercising, but to be fair I should say that I wish I'd done some of...
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Gaining weight
20. How did you spend Christmas?
My mom and stepdad and dad came to our house. It was very relaxing and fun.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? With "our" new babies. Kane and Marley
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Desperate Housewives!!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate only hurts me, so No, but see my answer to # 13.
24. What was the best book you read?
Twilight series
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
???
26. What did you want and get? happy & healthy children

27. What did you want and not get?
A big ol diamond
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Marley and Me--I was proud to help Jen crush Brad at the box office.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I attended an all day course in Pediatric Dentistry on my 38th birthday.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Having a better handle on our finances

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Mostly scrubs and sweats
32. What kept you sane?
PROZAC baby!!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I am always ready to look at Matthew McConaughey ;)
34. What political issue stirred you the most? I don't really get stirred by politics
35. Who did you miss?
I always miss my mom and my brother and nephews.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I love Annie!! She is an awesome friend and I really enjoy being with her. We enjoy a rather sick sense of humor!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
It is not my place to judge people!
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I'm in over my head!!

No comments: