Sunday, August 31, 2008

Jumbo Turkey Legs

Today my friend Annie came to town to visit an annual outdoor fair. I got to meet her parents and her kids. What a nice bunch they are!! I really enjoyed them!!

Littlest and Middlest have been waiting all year for this weekend, so that they could enjoy one of their favorite treats--turkey legs. After the fact, Mike told me that he has never gotten them each a leg before. I think it's plain to see why that is....


Littlest attempts to dig in to the leg. After her recent oral surgery, she doesn't have too many teeth left and it was quite challenging for her. She had lost a tooth about a week before having 3 pulled last week, so she is missing 4!!! She only ate about 1/10 of her leg.

Middlest is better able to get into her leg and managed to eat about 1/3 of hers.

Annie's boy and girl are enjoying corn dogs and nachos!!

After the kids "finished" (HA!), the girls decided that they would like to go to our house. We thought that was a fabulous idea and were left with just Annie's boy. The whining level went down considerably and we were able to shop for treasures. ;) My husband is a wonderful guy and came into town to pick up the girls, even though Annie's girl had just met my girls about 30 minutes before. Annie's boy enjoyed some homemade ice cream. (Don't tell the girls that)
Annie and I decided to purchase these cute little bowls at one vendor and got a scoop of rosehips and cinnamon sticks at my all-time fave vendor. We have matching little cute bowls with wonderful smelling potpourri. I buy at least a scoop a year and they really retain their scent for many months. I already had this napkin basket, placemat and salt and pepper holder. I am really excited because I didn't spend a fortune and I have a new/cute little display.
P.S. Upon further inspection, I realized that these bowls were from Wal-mart!! Oh well, it was fun anyway.


No comments: