Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tandly Family BBQ

In case you are wondering what "Tandly" is......(and I'm sure you are. HAHA)
Tandly is a group of three girlfriends that started our own little club. The name is made by combining our three names. Ta=Tammy nd=Brandi and ly=Kelly (Tandly)
We attempt to get together for dinner or a fun activity every month, but sometimes life flies by a little fast and we are unable to stick to that. Once a year we encourage our husbands to take us out to do something fun. This year we are going to the Friends of Bob & Tom comedy show. A couple of years ago we saw George Carlin in concert. Once a year we do something with our kids like baking and decorating cookies and once a year we do a family get-together like a BBQ, which was last night. We got together and had a pot luck dinner/BBQ with lots of wonderful treats.
I brought a wonderful fruit salad that I think was so good because I didn't put any "filler" fruit in it. Filler fruit is the less wonderful and less expensive fruit that I feel ruins a good fruit salad. Giggle! It could be that I am not a melon or apple and banana gal. I also brought some brightly colored cupcakes, broccoli salad and chips and salsa from a fave mex restaurant.

Littlest puts some mustard on her hot dog.
Oldest putting mustard on her burger.
Middlest thinks that fruit looks good!!--No mustard for her though.
from left: Kelly's youngest, my youngest, my oldest, Kelly's oldest, and my middlest.
We had a great time!! Thanks for hosting, Brandi.

1 comment:

memoriesbybrandi@yahoo.com said...

Great Post. It was fun. Too bad my oldest and youngest were gone. Owell. We will have to do a kids group pic again soon.