Wednesday, August 13, 2008

End of Summer Already???

I have been off work this week and have been busy registering kids for school, scheduling hair appointments, dental appointments, and buying school supplies. I can't believe that summer is about to end. My job will be getting a lot busier when school starts, so I am torn. I am enjoying the relaxing pace of summer, but know that the kids are really ready for school to start. I know that I feel like a better mom when we have a routine and schedule to adhere to. Next week, the oldest will be getting her braces off!!! YAY!!! We are beginning pre-ortho with the middlest and starting all of this all over again. OH JOY!!! Mike's trip to Utah got put off until September, which is great, but he left yesterday for a quick trip to Boston. I have a lot to do for the youngest's birthday party this weekend. We are renting a jumping castle/bouncey house, which is quite large and heavy and hard to manage. We also rented a cotton candy machine and are making a carnival themed party. A good friend of mine is making a two-tiered cake for the event and I am really excited about that!! Her cakes are wonderful! The oldest is very excited to be planning the party, but we need to get the games built. I am trying something new in having the party from 10-1 this year. It will A) Lessen the torturous wait for the birthday girl and 2) Beat the Iowa summer heat. I think I might be on to something.

No comments: