Thursday, December 18, 2008

This and That

Hello! Today has been a very weird one. My kids' school decided to have their Christmas parties today because they were worried that school would be cancelled tomorrow due to the nasty ice storm we are expecting. Middlest's teacher had someone come in and discuss table manners recently and they decided to have a brunch party and practice the manners. I look forward to hearing all about that later. My contribution was the egg casserole I posted in September from Jamie's baby shower. I got up at 6:00 to bake that. We got everybody ready for school and out the door with a fresh from the oven casserole wrapped in a bath towel. As we got into the classroom, Middlest remembers that her clarinet is still sitting in her room and would I please go get it??? Of course.
I ran home and got that and delivered it to the school. I then decide to head to BTown for my weight watchers meeting and to do some work things. I get to the meeting and had to wait forever for it to start. I almost left, but did wait the 40 mins. (I had the time wrong)
I didn't lose any weight this week, but I didn't gain any either. I am disappointed, but I figure that my 6.2 lbs from last week, averages out ok. Anyone buying this???? giggle
I then had a lunch date with my dad at Applebee's. They have a ww menu and it makes it easier for me so we go there just about every week. We had a nice time. During our lunch, I received a call from Oldest saying that they were being released from school at 12:40. Just in case the ice storm hits!!! I can't believe it! They had an it-might-snow-day!!! WTF???
Mike asked me to go to Lowe's for some table legs so he could turn an antique dining room table into a coffee table. I have a real problem with this plan, so I bought a 48 x 20 piece of wood to make a tabletop. I also got some beadboard for Oldest's bathroom walls. He is none to thrilled with me. As if he has time for all of this right now, but oh well.
My dad joined me at Lowe's and helped me select all the right boards. (No cracks, nicks, warping, etc) At the end of our shopping experience, he said"Tammy, you know what I like best about shopping with you?" I answered him with my matching wit, "Absolutely nothing??" I was correct!!

P.S. It is now 4:10 pm and there has been no crazy ice storm. Middlest didn't have band either. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!

No comments: