Saturday, December 13, 2008

I am so thankful for my family

Today Oldest and I volunteered at the local agency that helps people in need. It was the day that the clients got to come and get their turkey, misc. Christmas food and items, and gifts for their children. It was so wonderful to be able to help out this wonderful place. We really enjoyed it. There are so many people in town that need some help. It is astounding really. There were about 350 bags full of gifts for children. My children and I "adopted" a family and provided things for their 3 girls. It was fun and I think the kids are learning about opening their hearts. Oldest was really bothered that some of the bags only had a couple of items and that those kids wouldn't get anything else. She is really growing up and I am so proud of her. She just jumped right in and offered to carry bags and boxes for people to their cars, and made a little friend in a boy named Joe. He is 11 years old and they had a lot of fun. In fact, Joe said to her"You and I should go to Subway and eat with my dad's money" I thought that was so stinkin precious.

Meanwhile, Mike has been in town for about 3 weeks in a row, which is a real blessing. He took Middlest and Littlest to their bowling league today. It is funny... Middlest does so much better when I am not there. I think I am a jinx!!

1 comment:

memoriesbybrandi@yahoo.com said...

I think it is awesome what you guys do to help others. Maybe next year we should do this for our Tandly group! I would love to help out those in need more than we do. You guys are awesome.