Monday, February 16, 2009

A Productive Weekend--with a bit of snow!

Saturday I got up and got laundry going and began organizing the kitchen cupboards. I needed to make a few logical changes and am pleased to have gotten that done. I now have a special shelf in a cupboard for my camera and it's case, etc. Mike was very helpful and kept up with my diet pill high very well. He hung a paper towel holder that I have had in the kitchen towel drawer for at least 18 months. He also hung Oldest's hooks, magazine rack and cork boards and moved her room around for her. She was thrilled!
We had to take the kids to bowling, but fortunately hardly anyone was there so it went really really quickly.
I finally undecorated the Christmas tree and got all of the snowmen and santas put away. Mike then took down the tree. I decided that we needed to clean out the closet where all of the Christmas and Halloween totes and the Christmas tree go. I had the kids drag out everything!
I then went in there and vacuumed all of the drywall dust and mouse poop. ----Anyone who knows me at all knows that I am completely terrified of all things mice. Their corpses, their traps, their poop, and most especially the live mice.---- I'm so proud of myself. No dead or live mouse sightings. YAY!!!! We are storing some boxes of stuff for Peggy and looked through a few photo albums. The kids loved seeing their dad in childhood photos. 1970's hair and collars!
While all of the totes were out, I decided that they should be gone through and condensed. Don't worry Peggy, I didn't touch your stuff!! I very easily start a project and get sidetracked into doing something else, but happily completed all of the projects I started. I had wanted to watch a movie with my honey, but he decided to watch SCI-FI/nerd tv, so I went to bed and read a great book.

No comments: