Sunday, March 8, 2009

Windy and Rainy Weekend

This whole weekend was rainy, gray, and crappy outside. I was in pajamas the entire time!! I did shower and put clean pjs on. :) My best friends and I are on The Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover. Brandi and Skip began their makeover several months ago and have paid off their new vehicles and have a rather beautifully-sized savings account. Kelly and Randy are in better shape than we are, but I have begun the process. I have always spent a ton of money on crafts, decorating the house and dressing the kids. Mike has tried to reel me back from the ledge, but I was not interested at all. I am going to the bank tomorrow to find out where our automatic withdrawal for our van and truck are going. I think Mike is very excited that I finally saw the light!! Let me tell you, it was burning the retinas right out of my eyes!! I want to participate fully in our lives and get out of the debt we have accumulated. I have noticed that Mike is sleeping better at night the last few nights. I have accepted my share of this burden. YAY!!!

2 comments:

memoriesbybrandi@yahoo.com said...

CONGRATULATIONS. you will have peace once you get out of the trap of debt. I hope you will stick with this and work it through. it is so important for both of you! I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!

Cara said...

Good for you! Everyone that is taking the class sounds so enthusiastic about NOT spending. Hope it's catchy!

Take care!